Step 1 : Sign Up
sign in using your gmail account on gmail.com
Go to www.google.com/analytics
Click on “Access Google Analytics” on top right corner
The following screen will appear:
Click on “sign up”
- For Website name, you can simply use your URL if you wish.
- For Website URL – just type in your website address
- Pick your time zone and industry.
- Click on “Get Tracking ID”
- Accept the pop-up service agreement
- install the Google Analytics for WordPress Plugin
- under Settings, manually enter your UA code (copy paste your code that you get i.e the code under “Trackind ID” in above screen shot )
- Copy the code Google displays for you (it includes your unique UA code).
- Paste EXACTLY THAT before the ending tag in your HTML code.
QUICK TIP: Just do a search within the code to find this tag – “Ctrl+F” on a PC or “Command+F” on a Mac. In the Find box, type “</head>” (minus quotes)
- As Google says, Most websites re-use one file for common content, so it’s likely that you won’t have to place the code snippet on every single page of your website.
- Wait for Google to recognize the installed code (can take a few hours to one day). When everything is installed correctly – “Tracking Status” will read “Receiving Data.”